We are recruiting a number of apprentices to join our firm this September 2021 and are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who are passionate about starting their career in law. These are great opportunities and should you choose to continue studying after completing the Paralegal Apprenticeship, there will be opportunities to move onto the Solicitor Apprenticeship.
So what are the benefits of joining?
- Gain excellent legal skills without the expense of years of studying and earn a top market salary at the same time
- One day off every week on a consistent basis for you to focus on your studies and off-the-job learning
- Excellent networking opportunities e.g. speaking at Westminster or presenting to local schools
- The opportunity to gain relevant apprenticeship and other qualifications
- For those apprentices who show great potential, the opportunity to ultimately qualify as a solicitor
Your duties will include:
- Support Paralegals and Lawyers with legal tasks, matters and transactions
- Open files, review documents and produce reports for clients
- Prepare and process legal correspondence and documents
- Complete post-completion documentation, draft contracts and create Schedules of Leases
- Prepare Engrossments and other property-related documents
- Complete document reviews for different practice areas
- Ensure that all matter correspondence is correctly filed using case management and other filing systems
- Contribute proactively to the development of processes, continuous improvement activities and the growth of the Manchester office
- Work on ad-hoc projects as per business requirements
On completion of the paralegal apprenticeship and successfully passing the end point assessment, you are recognised as a qualified paralegal and can progress through the paralegal route or there is an opportunity to progress onto the Solicitor Apprenticeship. This is a further 4 years through to qualification as a Solicitor.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more information.
- Research and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Intellectual ability
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Time management and organisation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who takes ownership of self development
- Relationship building and strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to a career in law
- Creative with problem solving
- Hardworking and well-rounded individuals
- Willingness to learn and be curious
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4, equivalent or above AND 240 UCAS points at A Level.
Level 3 Paralegal Apprenticeship Standard.
As a Paralegal Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Paralegal Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Additional learning within the apprenticeship will enable you to be awarded a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services which can afford you exemptions from the first two years of the Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship.
Your apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face training from and on-the-job learning.