Legal Apprentice with Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
BRYAN CAVE LEIGHTON PAISNER LLP
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
Joining BCLP as a Paralegal Apprentice could be your first step in a rewarding legal career with us.
Partnering with BPP University, who will deliver the Paralegal and Solicitor training, you will combine working in our successful Manchester Office as part of one of our legal teams alongside studying for nationally recognised qualifications.
Our rotation based programme provides the opportunity to work across a number of our departments and with colleagues across the firm. We are recruiting a number of apprentices to join our firm in September 2020 and are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who are passionate about starting their career in law. These are great opportunities and should you choose to continue studying after completing the Paralegal Apprenticeship, there will be opportunities to move onto the Solicitor Apprenticeship.
What’s in it for you
- This role provides a great opportunity to start your career in law whilst in parallel obtaining a recognised qualification. You will be exposed to top-quality legal matters, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness.
- Our rotation-based programme provides you with the opportunity to work across a number of our departments and with colleagues across the firm.
- Future career prospects include progression to a Paralegal or other suitable roles. You’ll be here to shape your career, as well as gain on-the-job experience.
- Support Paralegals and Lawyers with legal tasks, matters and transactions.
- Open files, review documents and produce reports for clients.
- Prepare and process legal correspondence and documents.
- Complete post-completion documentation, draft contracts and create Schedules of Leases.
- Prepare Engrossments and other property-related documents.
- Complete document reviews for different practice areas.
- Ensure that all matter correspondence is correctly filed using case management and other filing systems.
- Contribute proactively to the development of processes, continuous improvement activities and the growth of the Manchester office.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as per business requirements.
Potential progression to become a qualified lawyer.
Please make sure that you have uploaded a copy of your CV. Please also fill out your complete education history on your account of all your achieved and/ or predicted qualifications (incl. subjects and grades). Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. – Please contact LearningSupport@bpp.com if you have any queries or would like more information
- Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and prioritisation skills
- Enthusiastic, committed and proactive
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and diversity
- Strong ’can-do’ attitude
- A minimum of three A-Levels at grade's C,C,C or equivalents (96 UCAS points)
- Five GCSEs at grade C (or 4) or above, including English and mathematics (or equivalent)
As a Legal Apprentice studying with BPP University, you will complete the Paralegal apprenticeship at Level 3. Additional learning within the apprenticeship will enable you to be awarded a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services. Progression onto the Solicitor apprenticeship awards you exemptions from the Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face training from BPP University Law School and on-the-job learning.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.