What will the apprentice be doing?
Undertake certain elements of fee earning work under supervision. In particular:
- File creation including generation of suitable client care correspondence.
- Inputting information from client information questionnaires, inputting contract documents.
- Requesting additional information from clients/solicitors if applicable.
- Undertake electronic ID checks on clients documentation.
- Attending on clients both in person and over the phone to take instructions and go through initial documents with clients.
- Deal wherever possible with routine client enquiries, solicitor and estate agent enquiries and communications.
- Provide quotes for potential new clients.
- General day to day office tasks such as photocopying, processing post, answering telephone calls.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard with Legal pathways
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- Functional Skills maths Level 2
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Our current apprentice is shortly due to complete their foundation year of the course and after successful completion will be promoted to a paralegal role within our residential conveyancing team. Throughout your apprenticeship you will be given 1-2-1 training to help develop your skills and knowledge.
Reality CheckCompany benefits; Highly competitive salary which is linked to a clear performance matrix, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays plus and the entire Xmas period, A holiday bonus of 1 day every day for every 2 years worked at the firm, A percentage of salary as a bonus, which is linked to personal & firm performance, We offer paid healthcare with AXA, Free parking. Working week Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:30pm.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English & Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential