Edmonds Marshall McMahon is looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual who is keen to use the 18 month apprenticeship as a stepping stone to a more permanent role within the business, on the basis that there are good prospects of advancement available.
The individual will be confident in dealing with telephone calls from the firm’s clients and all other parties as well as meeting and greeting clients who attend the offices for meetings.
- Answering the telephone and directing calls
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Dealing with and liaising with suppliers
- Photocopying and scanning of documents
- Assisting with closing client files
- Assisting with organising meetings
- Data entry and assisting with updating the Case Management system
- Collecting/ dealing with the post and DX
- Maintaining the stationery stock levels
- Assisting with new staff inductions
- Producing and amending client worklogs
- Assisting the Practice Manager with internal and external marketing events
- Assisting the Paralegals when required
- Assisting Fee Earners at court when required
- Working within the finance team – full training and overview of the SRA Rules will be given (Solicitors Regulatory Authority)
- Any other administrative duty that may arise
Full training will be given in this challenging and varied role to ensure that the apprentice has the skills and expertise to become a permanent member of the team upon completion of the apprenticeship programme.
- Ability to use Microsoft, Outlook and Excel
- Communication skills
- Customer focus
- Team working
- Relationship building
- Problem solving
- Polite, calm and approachable persona
- Must be a team player
- Must have flexible ‘can do’ approach
Maths and English at Grade B (or equivalent) and above essential.
Training ProvidedAdvanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
This apprenticeship is delivered through work based learning, this means that all training is done at the workplace eliminating the need to attend college. The successful candidate will be allocated a tutor who will visit on site every 4-6 weeks and deliver all of the training to gain the qualification and provide the resources to complete work between visits.