To provide administrative support within the Industrial Disease team, to ensure the department functions effectively and to enable the department to achieve the objectives set out in the department business plan. To ensure that work done by the department complies with internal quality standards and external requirements.
You will be required to complete a Level 3 apprenticeship in Legal Administration within 18 months of commencing your employment. This role is offered as a 18 month apprenticeship contract.
Clients and Work
- Undertake administrative duties fro the department including, but not limited to; photocopying, copy typing, data entry, audio typing, filing, archiving
- Answer telephone calls from clients and 3rd parties, take messages and
pass messages to relevant individuals within the team
- Support the team with the arrangement of business development and marketing activities where required
- Work closely with other members of the team to ensure work is completed effectively and efficiently
- Liaise with member of the wider ID team and other teams across the business
- Ensure that all working processes and practices comply with relevant quality and service standards
- Complete any work as required by your Assessor and Department Head in order to successfully complete your apprenticeship qualification
Any other reasonable duties as requested by Head of Department or Fee Earners.
Over the course of the apprenticeship, you will be encouraged to develop yourself through on the on-the-job training, external training and meeting department objectives. Upon successful completion of the programme, progression opportunities can be discussed if appropriate for both the apprentice and the employer.
Salary is £14,000 p/a. 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively organise your time and meet deadlines
- Ability to take instructions, ask questions and pro-actively learn
- Positive attitude to work
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Open to change
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent graded A*-C/9-4, including English & maths (essential)
- A-Level or equivalent in Law (desirable)
- Business Administration Level 3 Standard (with Legal Pathway)
- English Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
- Maths Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)