To assist solicitors and fee earners with their legal and administrative work.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing legal documentation
- Completing legal research
- Preparing Court bundles
- Drafting accountancy slips
- Completing administrative duties including photocopying, scanning, filing
- Opening and closing files
- Answering incoming telephone calls and making outgoing telephone calls
- Making room bookings
- Dealing with the outgoing post
- Word processing
- Completing any other general office tasks as required
Full support will be given to the successful candidate to continue their professional development to the next stage if wanted and if it can be met by the business.
Flexible working between the hours of 8.00am and 5.30pm with one hour unpaid lunch break. For example, working hours can be 8.00am to 4.30pm or 9.00am to 5.30pm.
Car parking space available.
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to follow instructions
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Patience, tact and ability to work with a wide range of clients
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Respect for confidential information
- Ability to work in a team
- A clear enthusiasm for a career within the law is essential
5 or more GCSE’s grades 4 to 9 or equivalent (A to C) including maths and English.
- Business Administration Level 3
- CILEx Level 2 Award in Legal Studies CILEx Level 2 Award in Proofreading in the Legal Environment
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT