What will the apprentice be doing?
As part of this opportunity, duties include:
- Audit the school's current use of education technology
- Promote the use of new and existing technologies and supporting staff
- Act as a conduit between technical support services and the wider staff team
- Identify an action plan for wider staff and student digital skills development
- Develop the school’s use of technology to facilitate teaching and learning across the curriculum and / or within computing as a subject
- Establish and implement the use of online collaborative tools for organisational and curriculum delivery
- Investigate the use of data in an education context
- Support the school to maintain a positive and professional online reputation
- Plan, implement and maintain an element of the school’s organisational digital presence
As part of the role you will also be responsible for one of the below three additional groups of responsibilities:
- Department of Education portals
- Exams processes
- Pupil CENSUS
- ID card printing
- New schools support (e.g., Copying Arbor)
- Google forms
- Education Health Care Plan Coordination
Comms and Training:
- Training material
- Training sessions
- Grants and Bids
- Communication sharing (e.g., Phone Directory)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Blended learning programme with a mix of flipped learning content and live sessions
- Live sessions delivered by Ed-Tech experts i.e. Google and Microsoft trainers
- Level 3 Digital Application Technician apprenticeship standard
- Access to e-learning training materials and online webinars
- Specialist vendor and technical certifications for example, Microsoft - - Innovative Educator Programs and Google Educator awards
- Monthly work-based coaches visits and competency checks
- 9 am – 5 pm Support desk for technical support
- Being part of the Primary Goal community will give apprentices access to a range of other apprentices (with varying levels of experience) who can share good practice and offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
Apprentices will have access to specialist industry partners for technology on hand to provide advice and support, access to resources and themed training days.
The Primary Goal portal is an online dashboard that will provide apprentices with a knowledge base to access information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will be perfect for a career in technology.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will be perfect for a career in technology or even a career in education.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired