This role is an excellent opportunity to work with a range of young people from Year 7-13. We have a range of students at Walsall Academy that a very capable but may need additional support in order for them to fulfil their potential. You will have a timetable that will incorporate working with students both inside and sometimes outside of the classroom, along with working with a range of different departments. This brings great variety and challenge to role, with plenty of potential reward when seeing students develop and improve.
We are looking for somebody who can inspire young people and provide with the friendly, patient and positive working environment that will help them thrive at school. Education is such an important part of people’s lives, and we want someone who can help make that a successful part of our students lives.
In this role you could:
- Help teachers prepare lesson materials and equipment
- Get the classroom ready for lessons and clear away afterwards
- Work with groups and individual pupils to make sure they understand their work and stay focussed
- Watch, record and report pupils' progress to teachers
- Provide a safe and healthy environment and follow safeguarding procedures
- Help teachers manage class behaviour
We would like to offer the right candidate a full-time opportunity to continue to develop a career with us.
Computer literate, ability to work to deadlines and attention to detail.
Team player and highly motivated.
Minimum 5 GCSEs or equivalent grade A*-C (9-4) including Maths and English.
We would like to offer the right candidate a full time opportunity to continue to develop a career with us. Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be