What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the learning and emotional/social/behavioural needs of students in accordance with Trust policies.
- To communicate regularly with subject specialists regarding student’s additional needs and to assist in the preparation of learning materials/resources.
- To prepare and host interventions with groups or individual students of student needs to benchmark against targets set by the teachers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, which you will receive training to develop and demonstrate the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour also included:
- Level 3 Diploma – Supporting Teaching and Learning
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- NCFE combined knowledge and competency-based qualification
- Work-based learning
- 20% off the job training
- Training is delivered on-line and face to face
- A nominated tutor
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship. Opportunity to learn and develop within the company. Progression on to higher apprenticeship / training
Reality CheckYou may be required to undertake such duties as may be reasonably required of you commensurate with this grade. Satisfactorily meeting the Trust’s employment checks – a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (including any relevant overseas checks), health assessment, references, qualifications and legal entitlement to work in the UK
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4-9 / A*-C) Desired