What will the apprentice be doing?
- Design and prepare effective training programmes and support materials, considering the skill levels and roles of the intended recipients and which aligns with Kennedys business best practice
- Design, create and edit engaging eLearning, using Adobe Captivate
- Create and maintain online documentation, or other media, to support courses delivered and/or to promote self-sufficiency, and support improvement and best practice programs and projects
- Ensure that all staff are trained and able to make effective use of the applications and systems required for their role
- Deliver engaging classroom and/or webinar training sessions.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Learning & Development – Level 3
Standard - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/learning-and-development-practitioner/
Assessment Plan - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/media/1908/st0562_learning-and-development-practitioner_level3_ap-for-publication_2_.pdf
Focus is more on the mandatory knowledge units at the start of the course to ensure the learners are able to update their Learning Journal, the focus on the skills and look more closely at behaviours towards the end of the course – though this would of course be refined around your needs. We would be aiming to use a combination of group sessions and one-to-one depending on availability and need.
Knowledge units are:
- Technical expertise
- Business and Commercial understanding
- L&D function
- Management information and technology
- Identifying needs
- Team Work
End point assessment is based on a Learning Journal, updated throughout the standard, and a project that is submitted and written as part of the EPA. This means that delivery will only take 15 months but the assessment can take up to 3.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on team requirements, there is opportunity to become a permanent member of the team after qualification.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Team working, Time Management, Microsoft Office
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent In 3 or more subjects (Grade Grade B or above) Essential