To thrive in this role, you will have excellent creative skills to enable you to produce high quality and engaging Learning solutions. You will have a positive, can-do attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow. Your apprenticeship will be a flexible role where you will work alongside colleagues to provide a customer focused service to others. You will be assisting with the design and delivery of a range of learning and development solutions including webinars, classroom training and interactive online workshops covering a wide range of topics.
If you have excellent IT skills, a desire to develop a career within Learning and Development and a strong desire to learn and grow, this could be the role for you!
Rewards and Benefits:
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their
full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity to start your Learning and Development career you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays
- A generous pension scheme
Although there are no guarantees, completion of this apprenticeship would place the successful applicant in a strong position in any suitable recruitment that may take place, at the end of the programme. As an example, two apprentices were recently successful in obtaining full-time employment, at the end of their placement.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to present information, clearly, concisely, accurately and in a way that promotes understanding, either verbally or in written/electronic form to create learning materials
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office software
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate at all levels, for example face to face, online, by telephone and in writing
- Ability to work as part of the team to provide a coordinated service to others
- Five GCSE passes at grade C or above (ideally including English and Maths) or equivalent vocational qualification, for example, Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship (you will need to provide evidence of your GCSEs grades including English and Maths)
- Working with others to deliver a goal is desirable, either in a job or extra-curricular activity (e.g. Duke of Edinburgh)
- L&D Practitioner Level 3
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2 (if required)