Duties will include:
- Transferring materials for manufacturing operations
- Receiving and checking incoming materials for manufacturing operations
- Producing products by assembly operations
- Producing products by processing
- Finishing operations
You will learn skills in:
- Health and safety within a manufacturing environment
- Communicating and working effectively within a manufacturing environment
- Working relationships and individual rights and responsibilities within a manufacturing environment
- Application of workplace organisation
- Work related problem solving techniques
The vacancy offers enhancement of skills and qualifications and once qualified, opportunities could arise for progression to higher education and employer promotion.
Applicants will be required to undertake an initial aptitude assessment.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Dedication to learning and study
- A strong interest in how things work
- A desire to work hard and be challenged - every day
5 x GCSE’s or equivalent Grade D/3 or above in maths, English Language and Science.
- Intermediate Lean Manufacturing Operative Standard
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (Knowledge & Skills)