You will receive a competitive starting salary, Incremental pay increases as you meet your training milestones plus a fantastic benefits package including a company van, company phone and work tablet.
- Carry out District Metered Area surveys using various detection techniques across the Company area
- Work collaboratively with our internal customers to understand and facilitate their requirements
- Use mapping and telemetry software to enhance surveys
- Use works management systems to report and raise jobs
- Detect leakage and unaccounted for water in our network safely making sure that all hazards are reported daily and in real time
- Communicate with other departments on any network corrections or when we raise certain work to be repaired
- Work as part as a team to deliver the leakage target and assist other teams when required
- Write Method Statements when certain methodologies are used
- Complete all activities within Company policy to ensure water quality is always considered
During your Apprenticeship programme you will spend 4 days a month attending classroom training and then the rest of your working month is practical and based out in the field with our Technicians seeing first-hand what this exciting role entails.
This role sits within our Asset Strategy team, so you will be helping find leaks in our pipework and giving Affinity Water customers an excellent service.
Once a fully qualified Technician you could be earning in the region of £30,000.
You will also have a dedicated Coach who will support you throughout the programme.
We offer a dynamic challenging job in a pleasant working climate. You will have the opportunity to create, shape and drive something new for Affinity Water. We offer a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives.
Given the nature of the role, a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
Full UK driving licence
Aged 18 or over - eligible for funding
Self-motivated and committed, with a passion to develop yourself and take ownership of your career - effective team working skills, supportive of others - strong time management and organisational skills - positive, enthusiastic and highly motivated - be curious and confident to ask questions - good understanding of the value of stakeholder relationships and an ability to network with people of all levels and backgrounds - able to apply everything you learn in your day-to-day role and any projects outside your training programme
Grade A-C/4-9 in GCSE English and Maths
Water process technician level 3.
Our 18-month programme will give you the skills and knowledge to become a fully qualified and multiskilled technician.
- units 1-4 – Regulations and Compliance, Customer Service, Science and Applied Maths, Materials and Components
- units 5-7 – Pressure Management, Leakage Targeting, Leakage Detection and Location
- units 8-10 – Operation of Service Reservoirs, Pumps and Trunk Mains, Supply Interruptions, Operation of District Metered Areas
We’ll give you a smartphone and laptop/Toughbook, as well as branded PPE (personal protective equipment) clothing. You’ll also be able to drive a company van.