To attend college, complete a portfolio of evidence during two year horticultural course.
Duties will include:
- Amenity landscape, general sports ground maintenance
- Gain skill in the use of an extensive range of horticultural plant and machinery
- Ensure work is performed to high standards and specification
- Working cooperatively with others in order to achieve objective
- Able to work well under pressure/self-motivated and flexible
- Report all problems which could have an adverse effect on service delivery, or be detrimental to the local environment, or which may cause harm to the general public
- Act as an ambassador to the service and Parish Council and have the ability to take ownership of customer’s problems, resolving them where possible
- To remove litter where possible, using appropriate equipment, otherwise to contact Milton Keynes Council and arrange removal.
- To report and monitor incidents of fly-tipping, abandoned vehicle’s, damage to public property, graffiti and vandalism
- To clean off graffiti when possible, or arrange for its removal
- To show commitment to own development/accepting and acting upon feedback and learning from the process
- Adjusting to unfamiliar situations, demands and changing roles
- Any other duties that may be required by the Line Manager
To remain with the council as an operative.
Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Necessary qualifications to be able to do course.
Hardworking and interested in becoming a landscaper.
- GCSE passes in maths, English and IT at grade C/4, equivalent or above
- Other equivalent qualifications would be considered
Level 2 Apprenticeship in either Horticulture or Landscape Operative. Plus: Emergency First Aid at Work, Level 2 Safe use of handling and application of pesticides, Functional Skills in English & maths (if required). You will also study a range of topics to include: Health and Safety, Business Skills, Machinery, Plant and Soil Science, Plant health.