Duties to include:
- 2 Weeks per annum at JCB Manufacturer Training School.
- Continuous self-development through the JCB Manufacturer Online Training procedures for career progression.
- Shadowing and mentoring programme.
- “On the job” Workshop/Field training programme under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Learning and completing Service of Construction Equipment
- Learning and using state of the art Diagnostic and Fault finding equipment
- Learning and carrying out Maintenance of Construction Equipment
- Learning and completing preventative maintenance
- Ensuring Health and Safety policies and procedures and followed
- Completing Pre-Delivery Inspections of New and Used machines
- Maintain fleet of hire vehicles
- Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship there will be an opportunity to become a Workshop or Field Service Engineer
- We will continue to train and develop our engineers to gain the necessary skills to efficiently maintain and repair construction equipment, problem solve and adapt to changing situations and environments
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Keen to learn
- In interest or passion for working in Construction
- Able to work within a Team
- Capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Quality focused
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy, good time keeper
- Ability to be professional, cheerful, co-operative at all times
- Ability to be motivated and customer focused
Desired qualifications for a Level 3 Apprenticeship
- English & Maths - Minimum acceptable grade C or 4
- Functional Skills level 2 – English & Mathematics - Pass
Land-based service engineering technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship training provider for this Apprenticeship
- The employer will give guidance and support throughout and a mentor will be assigned to you
- Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period
- This Standard apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT