What will the apprentice be doing?
Other duties you will be responsible for with training, include:
• To always maintain good laboratory practice, standard operating procedures, local rules and regulations.
• To be aware of and conform to the Laboratory Quality System, specifically UKAS (ISO17025) and MCERTS requirements.
• To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety requirements of the department.
• To update and maintain all work records ensuring they are completed in an appropriate manner, and both filed and stored correctly.
• To embrace and actively participate in positive change, being responsible for your own development within the business.
• To adhere to and support the Line Manager in attaining the production and quality targets of the department.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Tiro and SOCOTEC goal is to transform you into a fully competent technician, ideally open to accepting a full-time, permanent position within the team upon completion of your apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths, English and a Science (Grade C/4 or above) Desired