What will the apprentice be doing?
The Laboratory Technician Apprentices will assist the Operations team with a variety of laboratory based and general business operations tasks, in accordance with operating procedures and quality standards. Full training will be provided after which they will make a key contribution to the team’s success. The Laboratory Technician Apprentices will report to the Head of Health, Safety and Facilities to support all areas of Operations, Production and Research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support laboratory based teams with bottling up, re-stocking consumables, washing-up and keeping the work areas clean, tidy and well organised.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate safety procedures in collaboration with the Health and Safety department.
- Provide ad-hoc support to a variety of lab based teams as required.
- Bottling finished goods stock with the Manufacturing team.
- Performing quality tests as part of our quality control procedures.
- Identify bottlenecks and problematic processes.
- Support the Facilities Manager with projects and running the day to day aspects of the site.
- Learn other areas of the business so that future career goals can be flexible and opportunities within the company are optimised.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working towards the laboratory technician level 3 apprenticeship standard.
- Day release to West Suffolk College.
- Functional skills will be studied if equivalent qualifications are not held.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role has the potential to convert to a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Reality CheckThe ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, keen to learn and develop new skills, have a keen eye for consistency, a structured approach to their work with excellent adherence to procedures and quality. Our culture is team orientated and we promote open and honest lines of communication and value a focus on excellence, quality and safety.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths, English and Science (Grade 4-9) Essential