Key responsibilities include:
- Work safely in QC laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping and in accordance with Health and Safety, environment and risk management systems
- Understand and follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards within workplace
- Gain understanding of the internal and external regulatory environment for food safety in manufacturing, and comply with appropriate regulations
- Prepare for laboratory tasks using the appropriate scientific techniques, procedures, and methods
- Use of specified instrumentation and laboratory equipment, including calibration where required.
- Produce reliable, accurate data and keep accurate records of laboratory work undertaken and results.
- Perform laboratory tasks following specified methodologies, such as Standard Operating Procedures
- Demonstrate technical competence in the use of specified instrumentation and laboratory equipment, including calibration where required
- Produce reliable, accurate data and keep accurate records of undertaken laboratory work and results
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate data to identify results requiring further investigation and seek advice from supervisor
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and learn to recognise problems and how to apply appropriate scientific methods to identify causes and achieve solutions
- Maintain accuracy in recording data and findings and keep detailed notes when recording results
- Learn to effectively set up methods and samples for the Laboratory
- Work independently to carry out tasks
- Perform stock checks to maintain stock levels for laboratory consumables
- Data entry of results into relevant software
- Understand the needs and expectations of the customers (internal and external) with a collaborative approach
- Gain knowledge to test raw materials & finished goods in accordance with Company standards
- Establish clear communication channels with other teams within the department
Assist with other activities in the department when required
Future prospects include (but are not limited to):
- The prospect of a full time position after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Progression to RSci Tech.
- The possibility of a L4+ qualification.
- Please note, candidates living within a 1 hour commute radius of the vacancy location will be prioritised
- Presentable, with excellent communication skills with confidence to ask questions to ensure job requirements and underwriting matters are understood.
- Strong IT skills.
- Problem solving
- Ability to work to instruction.
- High attention to detail in producing a quality output and able to maintain this when under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a focus on providing the best possible service.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others both internally and externally.
- Aligns with company values
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English at grade C or above
Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship.
Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths ( if required)