What will the apprentice be doing?
You'll work alongside the quality control team ensuring all products & processes meet the required standards.
- Operate laboratory testing equipment & perform maintenance and calibration as required
- Liaise with production & process teams
- Carry out product testing, along with Inputting of data onto the quality & production database
- Participate in ‘warehouse walks’ reporting any product found to be non-compliant with standards.
- Root cause analysis of manufacturing and quality issues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Over 21 months, you’ll devote 20% of your 40 hours of working time towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Etex who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The Bristol plant is undergoing an expansion with the introduction of a new line, set to be running 2024. As such there is a potential for those with the ambition to progress and forge a career in the business, whether within the Quality department or another area.
Our goal is to transform you into a fully competent technician within the company. This is seen as an investment for the future of the company, and we can’t do it without individuals like you!
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired