- Support lab with reagent preparation
- Use of Laboratory Information Management Software (LIMS) to log in samples
- Promote safety within the laboratory areas, leading by example and ensuring correct signage and maintaining COSHH documentation for safe operations within the lab.
- Ensure efficient and timely operations, meeting internal commitments and minimizing any down time or delays.
- To uphold company procedures in regard to GMP and comply with UK pharmaceutical regulations at all times.
- Logging in all consumables as per SOP
- Responsible to checking stock levels, disposing of expired reagents and consumables and re-ordering
- Managing Waste disposal
- Review and upkeep of lab cleaning logs
- Cleaning of equipment such as dissolution baths, sonicators and water baths for analytical lab
- Cleaning of incubators, fridges and freezers in the micro lab as well as the micro lab itself, as per SOPs
- Glassware washing up
You will benefit from exceptional training and development opportunities. Prospect of full-time employment after the successful completion of the apprenticeship. Prospects of becoming a QC analyst over time and post completion of apprenticeship.
Must be over the age of 18 for insurance reasons.
- Deadline driven
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate (Word and Excel)
- Good time management and organisaiton skills
- Good problem-solver
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organised
- Hard working
- Strong work ethic
- Can-do attitude
- Able to deal well with pressure and deadlines
- 5 GCSEs ‘Grade C and above’ which must include at least double Science, maths and English
Level 3 Laboratory Techician Apprenticeship Standard
Level 2 Function skills in maths and English (if required)