Key responsibilities will include:
- To assist scientists with their laboratory experiments.
- Perform general laboratory duties including stock control, consumable ordering, and laboratory housekeeping.
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Preparation of laboratory reagents.
- Use and maintenance of general laboratory equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- Sample management activities.
- Compound management.
- Working in accordance with GLP/GCP and good documentation practice.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- General administrative tasks.
- Any other tasks required by Alderley Analytical.
- Following a successful apprenticeship, there is potential for a rewarding career path in a growing company.
- Progress to R.Sci.Tech.
- Please note, candidates living within a 1 hour commute radius of the vacancy location will be prioritised.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork
- Focus on delivery
- Good work ethic
- A keen interest in science
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- GCSE in Science
Level 3 Laboratroy Technician Apprenticeship Standard
Functional Skills Level 2 Maths and English (if required).