Biorbyt Ltd is a Biotech company based in Cambridge, specialising in the production, distribution, and marketing of Life Science reagents for research scientists. Our main customers are major research organisations, Biotech, Biopharma and Pharma companies around the Globe.
With their main business focus on the supply of primary antibodies and ELISA kits, this is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to develop scientific skills and experience whilst gaining commercial experience and an understanding of how the industry works in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial company.
Your role will include assisting the team to set up, validate, and optimize ELISA kits. This involves sample handling, standard curve preparations, microplate analysis on our microplate reader, automating workflows, and protocol optimization. Specific duties would include:
- Preparing serial dilutions, ensuring appropriate quality control methodologies are employed, to conduct analytical tests
- Operating specialist apparatus, equipment, and instruments
- Providing in house technical support for customers and distributors
- Provide technical product support to customers via email through our CRM system and over the telephone
- Provide technical support for all distributors globally and supply them with technical data as requested
- Manage customer complaints acting as lynch pin between customer and manufacturer to resolve the matter to customers’ satisfaction
- Ensure all relevant customer information is entered onto the company’s CRM system
- Validate, and optimise ELISA kits with the assistance and direction of the CEO
- Following established protocols, conjugate antibodies, and proteins to dyes such as FITC, cyano, biotion, or HRP. Evaluate novel dyes and optimize protocols
Support will be provided to ensure that your progress as an apprentice is as smooth as possible. You will become part of a dynamic and vibrant community of staff who will aim to make your time with them rewarding and enjoyable. All we ask is that you demonstrate enthusiasm and excitement about the position and company.
Over 21 months, you’ll devote 20% of your working time towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Biorbyt, who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning while you learn.
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with Biorbyt . If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship where available.
- Understanding of Chemistry at GCSE level and some level of science will be desirable
- Good IT skills - Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel.
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Motivated and committed
- Works well with a team
- Effective Communication: Listens and communicates clearly to others
- Ideally English, maths and Science GCSE minimum 4/C grade or equivalent (however lower grades will be considered, so don’t be put off)
- A level Chemistry or Science is desirable
- Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)