Laboratory Scientist Degree Apprenticeship (Chemical Sciences) - DuPont Tejin Films
COGENT SSC LIMITED
Under the guidance of a Senior Scientist you will be a key member of a Product Development team, responsible for supporting existing grades and the development of innovative new products.
Duties may include:
- Analysis of raw material and film properties using a variety of analytical techniques including Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Raman Spectroscopy, Infra-Red, Thermogravimetric Analysis and Mass Spectrometry
- Production of experimental polymers, coatings and films in the laboratory or on pilot scale equipment
- Contributing to experimental design and technical approach
- Documenting laboratory results in the appropriate systems and databases
- Possible occasional support of manufacturing trials in Dumfries
- The role requires the ability to support multiple projects at once and quickly adapt to change
This role is part of our talent planning for the future. For the right person we would look to continue to develop them further upon successful completion of their apprenticeship.
Please ensure that you currently live within or can relocate to a commutable distance of the site.
You will be entitled to company benefits including;
- 20 Days holiday entitlement (+ Bank Holidays)
- Opt in pension scheme
- Student discount card (NUS)
- Employee assistance programme
- Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- IT literate – confident in using computers
- Good problem-solving skills
- Openness to change and ability to think out of the box
- The ability to keep meticulous records
- Attention to detail, and proactive approach to work
- A methodical approach to work
- Use your own initiative and work independently or as part of a team when required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- A logical and enquiring mind
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 including maths, English and science, and
- A minimum of 104 UCAS points from 3 A Level subjects (or equivalent) including Chemistry
You will study towards a Chemistry based Degree, with Manchester Metropolitan University, predominantly through Distance Learning on site at DuPont Tejin Films, and one-week block release to MMU at Easter each year. Assessment will take place on site.
Work based and knowledge competencies to be delivered in line with the standard guidelines. This will include;
- Functional skills
- Full recognised apprenticeship qualification
- On the job competency training
- Knowledge qualification may be applicable
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.