On our 4.5-year programme you’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a Bachelor's degree (BSc) in Bioscience through a blended approach of day study and block release.
Your duties might include:
- Working with laboratory animals so an affinity and caring attitude towards animals is critical
- Based within the laboratory you’ll gain technical, husbandry & welfare knowledge and skills required to run and manage in-vivo animal studies
- Build knowledge of the range of animal models used within Pharma research
- Learn how to use various state-of-the-art techniques and technology to use in studies and gain insight into a broad range of biology-based scientific disciplines critical to the drug discovery process
- Supporting immunology and oncology projects that will eventually lead to the development of medicines for patients
- Use of IT systems such as Excel and data capturing systems
- Support and manage pre and post study paperwork
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your laboratory skills in an R&D setting
- Working as part of a team of scientists
- Studying towards your Bachelor's degree (BSc) in Bioscience
We hope that the apprenticeship will lead to a long and successful career at GSK. We have apprentice alumni in a variety of senior roles across the business.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades 9-5 (A*-C) including English Language (not Literature), Science and maths
- To have achieved or be predicted to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A-Levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies
- To include an A Level Biology at grade C or above
Training Provider to be confirmed.
Bioinformatics Scientist degree standard.
If you are offered a role, you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.