On our 4-year programme, you’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from industry experts from day one, combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Chemical Science through a blended approach of day study and block release. You will be part of our laboratory team based at our Ware pharmaceutical manufacturing site. While this site is not an R&D facility, we do manage new product introduction from R&D to pilot and on to large scale manufacturing.
Your duties might include:
- Learning analytical methods and operating specialist laboratory equipment to test our pharmaceutical products and raw materials
- Learning about the process each drug or product follows through to full scale manufacturing
- Carrying out data analysis, interpreting data and report writing
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your laboratory skills in a manufacturing setting
- Studying towards your Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Chemical Science
- Working as part of a team of scientists
- Using your analytical skills and attention to detail to support our patients to do more, feel better, live longer
- A competitive annual salary of £17,500
- Private healthcare
- A range of benefits including share schemes and tax-free bikes
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend annual apprentice development events)
We hope that the apprenticeship will lead to a long and successful career at GSK. We have apprentice alumni in a variety of senior roles across the business.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades 9-5 (A*-C) including English Language (not Literature), Science and maths
- To have achieved or be predicted to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A-Levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies
- A Level Chemistry at grade C or above
Training Provider to be confirmed.
Laboratory Scientist degree standard.
If you are offered an apprenticeship, you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
Working with both your line and programme manager, we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.