As one of the largest employers in the Bridgnorth community, we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice for our long-standing Apprenticeship Scheme. Since adopting the scheme across our business, we have to date recruited 25% of the maintenance-engineering apprentices and 54% of the electrical Apprentices. They have all gone on to enjoy a fulfilling career with Bridgnorth Aluminium. We are keen to continue our investment to the Scheme by committing to recruit enthusiastic, driven individuals who want to become the next qualified engineer from this exciting opportunity.
The apprenticeship will follow a structured programme outlined in a Modern Apprenticeship Agreement and will take up to 4 years to complete.
During the first year, you will attend a local college to commence your basic course. For subsequent years, you will attend college on a day release basis to complete the relevant qualifications while also gaining skills and experience onsite within the company. Your roles and responsibilities will be set once you start with us in house, coinciding with your chosen pathway of either Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
Apprentices are entitled to claim up to £5 per day on production of receipts against travel expenses incurred travelling to and from college during their first year.
We will provide a competitive basic salary in line with the apprenticeship pay scale, along with other specific company benefits.
Duties will include:
- Obtaining, checking and using the appropriate documentation (such as job instructions, drawings, quality control documentation)
- Working safely at all times, complying with health, safety and environmental legislation, regulations and organisational requirements
planning and where applicable obtaining all the resources required to undertake the work activity
- Undertaking the work activity using the correct processes, procedures and equipment
- Understanding the importance of complying with statutory, quality, organisational and health and safety regulations
- Understanding of general engineering/manufacturing mathematical and scientific principles, methods, techniques, graphical expressions, symbols formulae and calculations used by engineering technicians
- Understanding the structure, properties and characteristics of common materials used in the sector
- Understanding the typical problems that may arise within their normal work activities/environment
- Understanding approved diagnostic methods and techniques used to help solve engineering/manufacturing problems
On completion of your qualifications, you will be considered for a suitable position within the relevant department within the Company. (The Company cannot guarantee that a position will be available, as this will be subject to the requirements of the business at the time when you complete your apprenticeship.)
If you feel you have the right qualifications and commitment for our Modern Apprenticeship roles, then please do not hesitate to apply. Unfortunately, on this occasion we are not able to accept applications from candidates who require VISA sponsorship support to work in the UK.
1st Stage interviews will be conducted using video conference due to Covid19 and further progression will be adhered to using the UK Government and companies social distancing guidelines and procedures.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Manual dexterity, an interest in the technical side of repairing machinery.
Good people and problem-solving skills and teamwork ability are also an advantage.
We are looking for applicants who have already achieved or should be expecting to achieve a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade 5/C or above, subjects preferred to aid with training include maths, English and a subject relevant to the apprenticeship.
Advanced Engineering Technician Standard.
Working towards gaining the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to achieve the Engineering Technician standard.