What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role you will be assisting the High and Heavy team and will grow your knowledge and experience within all areas of the business.
Your daily duties will include but not be limited to:
- Create jobs on the system for the planning team
- Liaise with planning team to produce/ create a failed log report- this is to be sent out as and when failed loads occur
- Each morning input all WST rates
- Organise any rebooking of failed loads and ensure system is updated
- Manage the Department inbox and forward emails on to the relevant people
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers via telephone /email
- Work with the planning team to ensure all customers are contacted if there are late load issues
Help with Customs and shipping
- Each morning must review all system jobs to ensure all loads are completed
- Load Building - responsible for building efficient and rate effective loads to maximise trucks capability
- Check customer portals for new load
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider, supporting over 4,000 learners and 1,500 organisations. Paragon Skills has some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry
- It has an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating and an overall achievement rate of 71.4%, exceeding the national average of 65.6%. Using a blended approach, learners are always at the forefront of our priorities
- All learners are assigned a Personal Tutor who will be their main point of contact. This involves regular catchups, check-in emails and calls
- Your employer will agree to give you 20% of your working hours solely towards your study
- This will give you every chance to achieve the highest grade possible! On completion of this 18 month apprenticeship you will have gained; Level 3 Business Administration
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Yes, there is a lot of growth within WS Transportation. We have various departments within the company and encourage employees to learn different things and to grow
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Administrative skills, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade G/1) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade G/1) Desired