What will the apprentice be doing?
Work experience and training in the Warehouse will give our Apprentice excellent training and experience in the following:
- Conducting maintenance on deployable fuel handling infrastructure including pumps, hydraulic power packs, fuel couplings and fuel storage tanks.
- Mechanical hydraulics and some electrical maintenance activities
- Assist the Maintenance Team with general fitting duties whilst adhering to the correct Work and Health and Safety procedures.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Our Apprentice will follow the Mechatronics Maintenance pathway of the Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship. The studying element of the Apprenticeship will be delivered 2 days a week at New College Swindon for Year 1, dropping to 1 day a week in Year 2 and most of the Apprentice's time in Years 3 and 4 being spent at work.
Qualifications Apprentice will receive throughout programme:
• Level 2 Foundation competence qualification (Practical units broad based skills)
• Level 3 Development Competence qualification (Practical work based units)
• Level 3 Development Technical knowledge qualification (Theory based units broad based knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This Apprentice role has been designed to help develop individuals who are looking to enter Mechanical Engineering. Progression after completion of the L3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship could be higher level Engineering qualifications or Apprenticeships.
Reality CheckPlease note you are not eligible for this Apprenticeship scheme if you currently hold or are working towards a qualification at the same or higher level in a related subject or have already studied content from the qualification for this scheme.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working, Initiative, Self-motivated
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English & Maths (Grade 4) Essential