L3 Apprentice Engineering Fitter
HIGHBURY COLLEGE PORTSMOUTH
This interesting and varied apprenticeship opportunity is based in the busy state of the art fitting shop reporting to the foreman.
Training and duties include use of hand, electrical and pneumatic tools to;
- Preparation of materials (identifying and cutting up).
- Allocation materials (routing bought in materials and component)
- Deburring components and preparing for treatments.
- Light machining (drilling and tapping, basic turning).
- Assembly of equipment (Mechanical & Pneumatic)
- Preparation and Packing for shipping to customers UK and internationally.
Promotion with the company if successful. Possible further training as appropriate through to Level 5/6.
Manufacturing factory environment. 7.30 am start. Overtime on Saturdays paid at T1.5.
Use of Hand Tools, Good communication skills that enable you to read and challenge drawings and measurements.
Methodical, practical, able to exercise a high degree of accuracy. The ability to highlight problems and design a solution.
Grades A to C or equivalent in Maths & English and ideally hold a Level 2 Engineering qualification.
This apprenticeship will involve attending Highbury College one day per week to learn engineering theory. You will have the chance to improve your functional skills at college and will work towards an NVQ and technical certificate.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.