The role of a leisure team member is to support, enhance and deliver the day to-day operations and services of a leisure or fitness facility. Working as part of a team, the leisure team member carries out a range of operational duties such as:
- assisting with the opening and closing of the facility
- lifeguarding duties
- undertaking routine maintenance of equipment
- maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the environment
The leisure team member therefore plays a vital role in promoting a positive customer experience.
After completing your apprenticeship successfully, you will have some great experience and a qualification to support your next career step.
I will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. We reserve the right to close the advert ahead of the closing date if we have recruited suitable apprentices before this date.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to use own initiative
• Good Communication
Candidates should have achieved GCSE grade A*-C / 9-4 in English and maths or equivalent.
- Level 2 Leisure team member
- Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Swimming
- Level 3 Award in First Aid