What will the apprentice be doing?
- Receiving visitors at reception by greeting, welcoming, and them appropriately.
- Maintain office security ensuring all visitors are signed in, inducted and provided with a visitor's badge.
- Diary management to include meeting and training room bookings, travel and accommodation
- Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with business stakeholders.
- Filing, scanning, typing, faxing and emailing
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Business Administration with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 3 in Business Administration over 18 months.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty, including the option to move onto the next level of your apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject (Grade Grades A-E or 9-1) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grades A-E or 9-1) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grades A-E or 9-1) Essential