PLEASE NOTE WAGE ADVERTISED IS FOR 16-17 YEAR OLDS. NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR AGE IS PAID
To assist the chef / manager in all aspects of running a busy kitchen including H&S, hygiene, food prep, creating recipes, kitchen paperwork, cleaning down. You will also be asked to assist with pot washing, running food and assist the front of house team. An interest in baking would be highly desirable.
You will be involved in all aspects of running a busy kitchen. As a Kitchen Apprentice you will be assisting the team in the following duties:
- Preparing food
- Cooking fresh dishes to order
- Assisting with new recipes
- Pot washing
- Maintaining a clean kitchen environment
- Assisting with kitchen paperwork
- Running food to table service
We would like to ideally employ this person on a permanent basis at the end of the apprenticeship.
- Any catering experience desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in a team and on your own initiative
- Attention to deal
- Punctuality and reliability
- Willingness to learn new skills
- High standards of hygiene
Maths and English to GCSE level, some level of catering / hospitality qualification desirable.
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Allergen training
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- First Aid and Fire Marshall training