Kellogg's Operator Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of the operation – where some of Kellogg’s finest brands are produced. The Manchester plant has been making breakfast cereal for over 80 years and has been developing generation after generation of apprentices to continue its success for 61 years.
Reporting directly to an End-to-End Leader, this role will be responsible for process or packing in a primary area, coupled with secondary skills to be part of a flexible operational team.
Plant operations cover all aspects of food manufacture including material movement, Autonomous and Routine Maintenance tasks, processing plant and packing lines. Manchester Plant is a large manufacturing plant with process and packing operations based over 6 floors. The role operates on a weekday basis (Monday to Friday) and will include a high level of manual handling.
The Operations Apprenticeship consists of a 3 year fully funded training scheme through a combination of theory and practical application in our Manchester plant. You will learn all the skills you need to be a qualified technical operator.
- Performing Engineering Operations
- 12 weeks’ full-time college followed by on the job training and assessment
Upon successfully completing your PEO, you will have the opportunity to progress to:
- Food and Drink Process Operator Standard Qualification
- Full-time Plant role including Food & Drink Operations Modules with Assessments
At Manchester, all our work is underpinned by ‘Lean’ principles, for example, placing the Customer ‘at the heart of everything we do’ and continuously improving towards perfection! If you are passionate about making a difference, want to learn more about our Kellogg Apprenticeship scheme and are interested to learn about food manufacturing then why not apply?
Once fully trained, you will be expected to work proactively within a team to;
- Operate High Speed Packing and Process Equipment
- Conduct First Line Maintenance and Fault Finding
- Conduct Planned Autonomous Maintenance Inspections and Tasks
- Conduct Practical Problem Solving
It doesn’t stop there, as our career path can take you as far as your ambition and drive. Some of our apprentices have gone on to be successful European Supply Chain Managers; Plant Directors; Maintenance Managers; Quality and Food Safety Managers.
Possibility that a full-time post will be available if the candidate is suitable upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Our Kellogg Benefits:
- Cornflex – discounts from retail/travel/dining/entertainment/health/sport and beyond!
- Team Building Trips – Outward Bound
- Shares Scheme
- Free On-Site Gym
- Sports & Social Club
- Family Days
- Discounted Kellogg’s Products
- Cycle-To-Work Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Confident communicator with ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver work to a given timescale
- Eagerness to learn new skills
- A creative thinker with a positive, can-do attitude
- Desired, Interest in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry
- Keen attention for detail and strong interest in manufacturing
- GCSE Grade C/4 or above in maths, English, and one other subject (or equivalent)
- Level 2 Improving Operational Performance Framework
- Performing Engineering Operations
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.