As a Talent apprentice, you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects, serving as a key resource for the leading consultant on each of your engagements. You will be encouraged to develop as broad an understanding of our client solutions as possible by supporting across multiple, complex projects.
You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments, which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry experience while you benefit from more structured formal training.
As you grow and gain more expertise, you will gradually begin to take responsibility for deliverables as you work alongside some of the industry’s top consultants on cross-industry client projects including many household names: FTSE 100 and 250 clients, privately-held companies and public service organisations.
Typical work for a Talent Apprentice might include:
- Supporting total rewards and benefit engagement campaigns, including writing the content and developing ideas for the brand
- Conducting a review of talent management processes and programmes, including succession planning, to create a culture that attracts, motivates and retains the right talent
- Developing pension communication strategies and materials designed to grab attention, build employee engagement and drive behaviour change
- Planning key change management activities and milestones for major projects, including organisational restructuring and HR transformation
- Articulating the knowledge, skills and behaviours required by our clients’ employees to perform successfully and develop their careers
- Supporting to develop annual engagement surveys, used for workforce analytics and planning
- Identifying opportunities with clients to support them with employee experience and workplace wellness projects, including both financial wellness, mental wellness and physical wellness
- Supporting on career architecture projects, including uncovering the capabilities required for leadership and manager effectiveness
- Using technology to advance listening strategies, including running virtual focus groups to gain insight from a large group of employees, analysing the output and using conclusions to inform future approach
Apprentices on our TALENT Consulting Apprenticeship have the opportunity to work in three key practices in the Talent line of business: Communication & Change Management, Employee Insights and Talent Management & Organisational Alignment.
Our practices work closely with each other, and our clients, to develop performance management processes, career development programmes, change management strategies, as well as undertaking workforce analytics/planning and organisational design. The focus of these activities is ultimately driving employee engagement, and communication and marketing techniques are used to support long-lasting behaviour change and transformation.
- Good IT skills - Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Human Capital and People consulting
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to deal professionally with internal and external contacts, building strong working relationships
- Ability to work within a team to high standards and tight timescales
- Ability to analyse situations, provide recommendations and be flexible in approach in order to resolve problems
- Self-discipline, determination and an appreciation of the demands of studying while working
- Desire to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to learn
- Be a team player
3 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications, ideally including subjects such as English and maths.
This Apprenticeship is a 15-month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for the Level 4 Junior Management Consultant qualification.
You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme. The programme involved formal classroom learning and online webinars where apprentices will learn communication and team-working skills, business analysis, relationship building and project management among many others.
Sponsored by the Talent and Reward leadership team, our programme also provides access to senior mentors and a “buddy network” to support your wider career development, with ample networking and experience-building opportunities.
This foundational programme is part of Willis Towers Watson’s culture of learning, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from apprentices through to senior leaders.