- The role supports the overall Cyber Security Strategy which underpins the IT
- Work against key HR and other mandated procedures and processes
- Data Protection Acts and other applicable legislation
- Enforcing policy and reporting breaches in policy
- Work towards NIST framework
- Successful candidate will have minimal influence. May work alone, or interact with immediate colleagues
- Delivery of the daily security operations that is a key component of the VMP (Vulnerability Management Programme)
- Reduce backlog of security vulnerabilities within the IT portfolio and ensure new vulnerabilities are addressed in an appropriate timescale
- Support project work from an IT security viewpoint as required, including the take on of new services
- Review output from security monitors and tools and escalate or take appropriate action accordingly
- Respond appropriately to audit recommendations
- Support patching and other preventative security-related activities as needed
- Attend all Apprenticeship modules and where applicable pass exams within agreed timescales
Will be discussed upon interview.
- Follow core processes and procedures such as change control and incident logging
- Keep appropriate records and update documentation or checklists as applicable
- Maintain awareness of security threat landscape pertaining to Paragon services and advise accordingly
- Offer excellent to customer support (Incl. Internal Customers)
- Written or verbal communication to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Delivery of Projects (Role specific and Apprenticeship specific) by using various Project delivery methods
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the below:
- A Passion for Cyber Security and a keen interest in IT
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Basic knowledge of cyber security technologies and Cyber risk
- Ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, analytical skill and ab ability to analyse and interpret data
- Complex and methodical thinking
- Ability to effectively priorities and work under pressure
- Requirement to support apprenticeship program and learning by out of hours work
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
As well as having a:
- Full clean driving licence [travelling will be required for the role]
GCSE’s (or equivalent) Grade 4/C or above:
A Levels (or equivalent) all at a minimum of Pass / Grade C
Candidates will be required to take and pass an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths.
Relatable / translatable qualifications within the following subject areas:
- Information / Data
- IT Related
- Risk and Governance
- Higher (Level 4) Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship Standard
The role offers an 18–21-month Cyber Security Apprenticeship Programme which runs parallel to a full time position as a Junior Cyber Security Analyst.
You will have an opportunity to use and implement skills and knowledge gained from the apprenticeship programme during your day-to-day efforts.
The role offers first-hand exposure to industry leading technologies, software and personnel during 3rd party engagements whilst also offering the potential of progression within the Cyber Security team and wider IT.