The role will involve work on various publishing projects for both our clients as well as our own digital publishing.
This may involve:
- Audiobook proofing and editing
- Typesetting printed books
- Checking eBooks for delivery to clients
- Web design, page editing
- Preparing and editing graphics for web content
- Cover art design and composition
- Uploading eBooks, audiobooks to distributors
- Collaboration and creative input on original publishing projects
- Possible video editing projects
We're looking for a candidate that is interested in all aspects of digital publishing, has a keen eye for detail and is able to contribute creatively to projects. An interest in books and specifically sci-fi/fantasy will be a huge bonus as these are the genres that we publish inhouse. The candidate will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of authors and publishers on projects of all genres.
After qualification, permanent position will be discussed.
The business is run from a spacious, purpose-built office at the back of a residential address in the peaceful village of Kennington. Although the office is separate and fully self-contained with kitchen and bathroom facilities it should be considered as a home office and applicants would need to be aware of the more relaxed environment and the presence of an 8 year old black Labrador that spends most of the time in the office!
A good level of competence with using PC based applications is required, and the candidate will be using a range of applications including:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Excel, Word and other MS Office tools
- OneNote A
- udacity sound editor
- WordPress (visual bakery editor)
Thirst for creativity.
You are required to have at least 5 GSCEs at grades A*-C/9-4 including English and maths (or the Functional Skills Level 2 equivalent).
Advanced Junior Content Producer Standard.
- Content planning
- Content development
- Content creation and evaluation; Industry awareness