We’re The Games Den, a games store located in Leamington Spa and on the www at thegamesden.co.uk and we’re looking for a Junior Content Apprentice to join the small but ambitious team.
You will be passionate about all kinds of games (except video games which we love but don’t sell) and already adept at understanding what gaming content works and why. You must be able to write and develop high quality content designed to educate, entertain and engage our community and the wider gaming audience.
You will create engaging and creative content that should be performance-driven and be fully measurable against the business goals and personal KPIs, including:
- SEO optimised Blog posts for thegames.co.uk
- Video content for our social media and youtube channels optimised for brand awareness and click through
- Original meme’s optimised for engament
- SEO optimised product copy
- FAQs for games, painting etc designed to drive search rankings and capture feature snippets
- Social post content that drives engagement and conversion
It is a small team at The Games Den so you will be working directly with our owners who have extensive senior experience in marketing and design across TV, music and gaming.
An amazing opportunity to join The Games Den team as a full member of staff and be part of it’s future growth. At the same time, it is a chance to experience and learn wider marketing skills to supplement your content creation skills.
- 20 Days annual leave
- Staff discount and free product
- Impromptu games sessions
- Staff fun days
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
An extensive knowledge about different forms of gaming - board games, tabletop games, collectible card games, miniature painting and role-playing games (It is not expected that the candidate will have deep knowledge of ALL these genres):
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite
- Experienced using all major social networks
- Goal orientated
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at a grade 4 (C ) or above including Maths and English (or the equivalent).
You will undertake the ground-breaking Apprentify Junior Content Producer Level 3 apprenticeship.
What you will receive:
- A chance to earn whilst you learn amongst leading industry professionals
- Full support and coaching from an experienced Development Coach with excellent industry experience
- Onsite monthly visits / mentoring and coaching sessions
- Graduation in under 15 months
- Access to the very latest online technical and marketing training
- Marketing projects based on real life scenarios within your business to enhance learning
In addition to all of the above, all of our applicants will go through our Assessment Centre. This exclusive session is designed to identify your digital strengths and weaknesses to help us match you with the perfect employer and the perfect role to start your career in the best way!