ABI (UK) Limited have a fantastic opportunity for 4 Level 2 Joinery & Carpentry Apprentices to join their business. Working on the factory floor the apprentices will follow a comprehensive apprenticeship programme where they will learn all aspects of caravan construction relating to joinery. During your training you will work in all areas of the production factory and will attend college one day a week.
Duties will include:
- Interpreting specifications and cutting the appropriate materials such as timber
- Covering inside walls with timber
- Laying plywood flooring
- Building plywood ceilings
- Assembling units inside the caravans such as kitchens, benches, storage units etc.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship full-time positions will be offered to successful candidates.
- Good communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Desire to progress within the company
- Able to work using own initiative & common sense
- Willing to learn
- Basic hand tools and a practical approach is required
- Attention to detail
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths, English and a science.
Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)