Jaguar Land Rover Vehicle Sales Executive Apprenticeship - Stafford
SWANSWAY GARAGES LIMITED
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
The Vehicle Sales Executive Apprenticeship Programme is geared toward training the right candidate to become a qualified Vehicle Sales Executive. But what does a Vehicle Sales Executive actually do?
Vehicle Sales Executives or vehicle sales people are responsible for selling new and used vehicles.
Duties commonly include:
- Greeting customers, discussing their needs and advising them on the most suitable vehicle
- Arranging test drives
- Negotiating sale and trade-in prices
- Working out finance arrangements and packages, which may include organising registration plates, road tax and delivery of vehicles
- Highlighting any additional products relevant to the customer
- Processing orders and completing relevant paperwork, which may include carrying out stock checks using manufacturers’ databases
- Updating customers on the progress of orders and contacting potential customers to update them about new vehicles and deals
- Updating stock lists
- Managing advertising and updating the website
- Keeping the forecourt and cars clean and tidy
- Providing potential customers with relevant literature and information
- Inspecting vehicles pre- and post- sale
- Attending auctions
In larger organisations you may work as part of a team, specialising in one aspect of selling. In smaller organisations you may be responsible for all aspects of vehicle sales.
There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding Retailer Network. Your early development is carefully mapped through your Apprenticeship journey with your learning focussed toward achieving an industry recognised qualification.
Embedded within your training are the Jaguar Land Rover global training materials. This is the grounding for your future development within the network and our Learner Management System, Excellence will guide you through your short, medium and long term career path.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training are the main point of contact for this vacancy and carry out the full recruitment service for the Jaguar Land Rover network. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application.
This is an exciting, varied, customer facing role. While the training provided will give you the skills you need to be successful, you will need to be a confident individual with the ambition to succeed. Our ideal candidate will be a people person with excellent communication skills and a flair for sales.
Application numbers for the Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Apprenticeship Programme are high so we're looking for you to demonstrate why you stand out from the crowd.
We're not looking for the finished article; rather we want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working with our fantastic, technologically advanced vehicles and really engage in the recruitment process. Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
- A willingness to learn
- Engineering interest
- Quality focus
- Personal responsibility and resilience
- Problem solving
Our minimum entry requirements for the programme are:
GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, maths and any other 2 GCSE subjects.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
As well as employment in our retailer, you will be given the training and support you need to develop both personally and professionally.
Using a combination of classroom based training, e-learning, practical training and application of learning, you will be guided by your trainers and personal mentor along to the road to success.
This apprenticeship combines off-the-job training with on-the-job learning and you will be supported every step of the way.
On successful completion of the one year programme you will receive the following:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- Jaguar Land Rover specific certifications
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.