Jaguar Land Rover Vehicle Parts Advisor (Customer Service) Apprenticeship - Hertfordshire
Grange Welwyn Jaguar
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
The Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Programme is geared toward training the right candidate to specialise and become a qualified Vehicle Parts Advisor. But what does a Vehicle Parts Advisor actually do?
Parts Advisors are responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on a wide range of vehicle parts and accessories. Duties may vary from employer to employer but will typically include:
- Advising customers on how to solve a problem with their vehicle
- Taking orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintaining an ordered stock room and finding parts from stock
- Raising invoices for parts sold
- Liaising with other members of staff
- Working alongside on-site Service Technicians to ensure they have the parts needed to complete their daily work
Customers may include members of the public, service departments of retailers, and garages.
Please note, the Vehicle Parts Advisor role varies slightly by employer based upon the specific needs within the location.
There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding Retailer Network. Your early development is carefully mapped through your Apprenticeship journey with your learning focussed toward achieving an industry recognised qualification.
Embedded within your training are the Jaguar Land Rover global training materials. This is the grounding for your future development within the network and our Learner Management System, Excellence will guide you through your short, medium and long term career path.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to 16 -18 years old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for apprentices applies to both time spent both at work and in training.
Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training are the main point of contact for this vacancy and carry out the full recruitment service for the Jaguar Land Rover network. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application.
- As a central point of contact for both of our internal and external customers you will need to have excellent communication skills
- You should be IT literate (although full training will be provided) and be able to demonstrate attention to detail in the way you work
Application numbers for the Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Apprenticeship Programme are high so we're looking for you to demonstrate why you stand out from the crowd.
We're not looking for the finished article, rather we want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working with our fantastic, technologically advanced vehicles and really engage in the recruitment process. Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
- A willingness to learn
- Engineering interest
- Quality focus
- Personal responsibility and resilience
- Problem solving
Our minimum entry requirements for the programme are:
GCSE grades A-C/9-4 (or equivalent qualifications) in English, maths and any other 2 GCSE subjects.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
'Equivalent qualification' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
Training to be provided:
- Intermediate (Level 2) Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- As well as employment in our retailer, you will be given the training and support you need to develop both personally and professionally
- Using a combination of classroom based training, e-learning, practical training and application of learning, you will be guided by your trainers and personal mentor along to the road to success
- This apprenticeship combines off-the-job training with on-the-job learning and you will be supported every step of the way
Alongside the Apprenticeship Standard, you will also receive the following:
- Jaguar Land Rover specific certifications
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.