Our apprenticeship is geared toward training the next generation of fully-fledged Service Technicians. But what does a Service Technician actually do?
Service Technicians service and repair light vehicles such as cars up to 3.5 tonnes. Technicians are trained in all areas of vehicle mechanics and electronics, from engine and exhaust systems to air conditioning and security features.
The duties of a Service Technician may include:
- Servicing vehicles - carrying out checks and maintenance according to the manufacturers’ guidelines
- Repairing and replacing faulty parts and components
- Advising the service receptionists about required repairs
- Producing time estimates
- Maintaining repair and service records
Please note, the Service Technician role varies slightly by employer based upon the specific needs within the location
- There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding Retailer Network. Your early development is carefully mapped through your Apprenticeship journey with your learning focussed toward achieving an industry recognised qualification. Embedded within your training are the Jaguar Land Rover global training materials
- At the end of your Apprenticeship Programme you'll undertake the Jaguar Land Rover Level 2 Assessment, the first step on the Jaguar Land Rover (internal) Learner Journey. This is the grounding for your future development within the network and our Learner Management System, Excellence will guide you through your short, medium and long term career path
- Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training are the main point of contact for this vacancy and carry out the full recruitment service for the Jaguar Land Rover network. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- We are looking for people with an interest in engineering and technology to thrive in this role
- While full technical training will be provided, desired skills include problem solving, attention to detail and an aptitude for applied logic
Application numbers for the Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Apprenticeship Programme are high so we're looking for you to demonstrate why you stand out from the crowd.
We're not looking for the finished article; rather we want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working with our fantastic, technologically advanced vehicles and really engage in the recruitment process.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
- A willingness to learn
- Engineering interest
- Quality focus
- Personal responsibility and resilience
Our minimum entry requirements for the programme are:
GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, maths and any other 2 GCSE subjects.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve Scottish National 5 Grades A - C or above in English, maths and either a Science or Technical subject.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
- As well as employment in our retailer, you will be given the training and support you need to develop both personally and professionally
- Using a combination of classroom-based training, e-learning, practical training and application of learning, you will be guided by your trainers and personal mentor along to the road to success
- This apprenticeship combines off-the-job training with on-the-job learning, and you will be supported every step of the way
On successful completion of the three-year programme you will receive:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)
- Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling (EC842-2006)
- Jaguar Land Rover specific certifications