The Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Apprenticeship Programme is geared toward training the right candidate to become a qualified Customer Service Advisor. But what does a Customer Service Advisor actually do?
A Customer Service Advisor deals directly with customers and acts as a go-between between the customer and Service Technicians, scheduling vehicle service work. They will handle administrative and customer relations aspects of service department operations.
Some of the duties include:
- Interpreting customer concerns and comments and liaising with technicians
- Booking/scheduling vehicle services
- Liaising with customers about any additional work required
- Estimating time and costs associated with repairs
- Handling customer complaints
- Responding to customer requests
- Tracking the vehicle through the workshop
Please note, the customer service advisor role varies slightly by employer based upon the specific needs within the location.
- There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding Retailer Network. Your early development is carefully mapped through your Apprenticeship journey with your learning focussed toward achieving an industry recognised qualification
- Embedded within your training are the Jaguar Land Rover global training materials. This is the grounding for your future development within the network and our Learner Management System, Excellence will guide you through your short, medium- and long-term career path
- Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training are the main point of contact for this vacancy and carry out the full recruitment service for the Jaguar Land Rover network. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- As the main point of contact with our customers you will require exceptional communication skills with the ability to multi-task and meet their expectations
- Application numbers for the Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Apprenticeship Programme are high so we're looking for you to demonstrate why you stand out from the crowd
- We're not looking for the finished article; rather we want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working with our fantastic, technologically advanced vehicles and really engage in the recruitment process
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
- A willingness to learn
- Engineering interest
- Quality focus
- Personal responsibility and resilience
- Problem solving
- Our minimum entry requirements for the programme are GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent in English, maths and any other 2 GCSE subjects
- In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted
Equivalent grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
As well as employment in our retailer, you will be given the training and support you need to develop both personally and professionally.
Using a combination of classroom-based training, e-learning, practical training and application of learning, you will be guided by your trainers and personal mentor along to the road to success.
This apprenticeship combines off-the-job training with on-the-job learning, and you will be supported every step of the way.
On successful completion of the one-year programme you will receive the following:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- Jaguar Land Rover specific certifications