Jacopa: at the heart of wastewater treatment.
Jacopa is founded on many of the best known, most respected and reliable wastewater treatment brands in the industry. Our large installed base of products keeps wastewater treatment plants beating and performing across the UK and Ireland.
Our reputation derives from the strengths of our brands and our experienced and dedicated team. Our expert technicians and engineers are committed to ensuring our customers’ needs are met - their equipment brought into service quickly and efficiently, and optimally maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- To complete a programme of training to be conducted within the Mechanical Engineering Apprentice workshops and programme
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of machine tools
- Fitting and assembly skills including the use of hand tools and marking out
- Welding, fabrication and other jointing processes will be beneficial
- Sheet metalwork including shearing, developing and folding etc. will be beneficial
- Undertake pipe-fitting including flanged and screw joints
- Measurement and inspection techniques using a variety of metrology equipment
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and use of Engineering P and ID drawings software packages
- Attendance at college on a full time basis followed by a day release to attend classes as appropriate leading to recognized Mechanical qualifications over a three to four year period
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Establish strong relationships within the department
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Local Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must possess good communication skills and respect for safety needs
- Must possess team spirit, and be able to work closely with all relevant departments in particular Production and Installation
- Must be flexible in terms of work needs
- Learn about mechanical design, maintenance and operational features of the Jacopa product lines
- Work towards having an understanding of electrical systems and principles
- Should be adaptable and willing to learn and undertake mechanical tasks as required
- Reviewing and adhering to specifications and applicable standards
- Able to work with own initiative and take responsibility/ownership of workload
- Learn about wastewater treatment process and clean water
Once you complete your apprenticeship, you may progress to becoming an on site engineer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Communication Skills - Ability to understand, read, write and converse in English.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills - Basic understanding of Word and Excel or equivalent software
- Demonstrable interest in an engineering discipline with the ability to work efficiently and accurately with high motivation. Also have aptitude for practical science or engineering skills
- Ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills
- To work with efficiency, accuracy and to be able to meet deadlines
- To be able to prioritise workload and work under own initiative
- High level of flexibility and dependability
- Mathematical skills - Ability to understand and apply basic mathematical concepts including trigonometry and geometry
Independent Judgement, Decision Making & Problem Solving:
- Able to follow directions and make decisions based on specific directions and outlines
- Able to use basic judgement in the performance of job duties with supervisor support
- Able to demonstrate a passion for engineering
4 GCSEs at 9-4/A*-C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training - off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements