Iveco Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Level 3 - Advanced (Level 3)
ACORN TRUCK SALES LIMITED
An opportunity to become part of the Iveco Apprenticeship programme as a Heavy Vehicle Service Technician.
Supported throughout by a dedicated Iveco employer, this vacancy is for a 3 year Apprenticeship that will result in the successful candidate gaining the Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair qualification.
As a Heavy Vehicle Technician you would be involved in a variety of tasks ranging from:
- Servicing and repairs
- Replacing components
- Using specialist equipment such as electrical and electronic diagnostics
- Using engine tuning equipment to measure performance
- Rectifying faults on commercial vehicles in a busy Iveco workshop
Full time role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
When applying you will be asked to fill in an application form followed by an aptitude test. The aptitude test is made up of 20 questions and the pass mark of the test is 15/20. If you do not pass the aptitude test your application will be rejected and you will not be contacted.
Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible as the employer will start to interview when applications are received. This may mean the vacancy may close before the date advertised.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, or experience any difficulties when applying, please contact Samantha Gee on 0115 9380230.
No specific skills are required, however an interest in heavy/commercial vehicles is essential.
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely
- Passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your technical knowledge and skills
- Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service or diagnosis and repair
- Team player - assist other technicians when the workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop
- Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines
- Quality focused with first time fix mentality
- Honest with high levels of integrity
- GCSEs or equivalent grades 9-3/A*-D or Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English Language
- Please ensure you list all of your relevant qualifications, as lower grades may be considered in exceptional circumstances
- If you do not have at least a grade 3 in maths AND English Language you will not be eligible to complete this qualification
This is a Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the CNH Training Centre in Basildon.
This means your college based training will be delivered away from home and you will be required to stay in a hotel for 17 separate weeks (Monday - Friday) over the 3 year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer/the programme and there will be no cost to yourself/your parents or guardians.
Assessments will also be conducted in the workplace by a dedicated training assessor. You will also be assigned a workplace mentor for support in dealership.
As a result you will receive the following qualification:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.