You’ll study and achieve the Advanced Customer Service Specialist (Level 3) apprenticeship qualification throughout the duration of this apprenticeship.
As an advocate of Customer Service excellence, you will act as a referral point for dealing with complex or technical customer requests, issues, complaints, and queries. Working alongside experienced IT professionals you will be mentored and trained in the use of various IT systems and software packages. Your duties will include:
- Diagnosing & resolving software, hardware and networking incidents
- Recording, updating and documenting requests using the IT service desk system
- Installing and configuring new IT equipment
- Learning how to use a range of IT support tools
We cannot guarantee a permanent position following completion of the apprenticeship, but we have an excellent track record of keeping our successful apprentices on in the organisation. This apprenticeship is a great opportunity to gain a range of IT /Customer Service skills and gain experience of working for a large, and busy, IT service.
- Varied start and end times via a rota basis
- Although working within IT Support you will be working towards the Customer Service Specialist L3 Standard.
- Passion for IT and computers
- Good communication skills
- A drive to succeed in the IT industry
- The ability to speak with ease to customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post (Code of Practice: English language requirements for public sector workers 2016)
- A willingness to learn whilst working
- Strong communication skills
- A calm and methodical approach
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
5 GCSE’s including Level 1 or above in Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE grades A* - C/9-4 or equivalent) or Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Qualification.
Please note: You will not be eligible for this post if you have a Degree in the same subject as this apprenticeship, or other qualifications in the same subject at an equivalent level.
You’ll study and achieve the Advanced Customer Service Specialist (Level 3) apprenticeship qualification throughout the duration of this apprenticeship. Functional Skills in maths and English may be required, if not already achieved.
Our apprenticeships are designed to give you the experience needed in a real job that brings out the best in you, with real responsibilities, real challenges, real projects and scope to grow your career.
Our IT Services Team provides IT solutions and support to over 3500 internal customers. We work to targets with our customers and you will be a member of the IT Service Desk team where you will learn on job and work to successfully resolve customer IT issues.
The work is fast paced, reactive and sometimes challenging.