IT/AV Technician Apprentice
NORTH EAST SURREY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY (NESCOT)
Reporting directly to the IT Manager and working with the Senior IT Support Engineer; you will be assisting with the management of the schools network and other IT/AV resources in this busy highly successful boys school.
- Responding to support calls in all aspects of IT/AV support
- Fault finding
- Repairing and policing the school's network
- Answering the telephone and logging help desk calls
- Providing first line help desk support and recording the actions taken.
The successful candidate will have a genuine interest in and enthusiasm for working with computers in a customer support role. You will have a desire to learn, a positive attitude and good literacy and numeracy skills.
The intention is for a good candidate on completion of the apprenticeship to have the opportunity to apply for any suitable vacancy within the IT support team at the School.
There will be some requirements to move your working hours to the evening for special school events. This position is subject to a successful enhanced CRB/DBS check. You will also get the opportunity to work on top of the range IT equipment.
- Mathematically and technically minded
- Customer service orientated
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Have a desire to learn
- A positive attitude
- Friendly and outgoing
- A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for working with computers
- An interest in music technology or video would be an advantage but not essential
Minimum of GCSEs grade C/4 and above in maths and English plus 3 other GCSEs grade C and above - ideally in science and/or IT (or equivalent qualifications).
A Levels (or equivalent qualifications) would be an advantage but not essential.
Training to be provided:
- Advanced (Level 3) Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- This Apprenticeship requires some attendance at Nescot College
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.