Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company in the position of an IT Hardware Workshop Engineer Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to start your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Hardware Workshop Engineer Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Working within the internal IT department you will work with relevant departments in order to pre-empt and solve a range of IT issues
- Ensuring that work queues are fulfilled on time and within financial constraints
- Ensuring that IT resources are allocated appropriately so they meet customer and business needs
- Providing regular updates to the Service Operations Manager regarding delivery on SLAs and KPIs
- Ensuring tickets are completed and closed in line with company procedures and customer SLAs
- Ensuring all customer queries are handled appropriately
- Performing PC builds and carry out asset licensing reviews
- Liaising with third parties and customers with regard to incident resolution and requests
- Supporting the implementation of new processes and policies that relate to Service Operations
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve industry recognised qualifications that will give you a great start to your career in the field.
Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will be highly organized with excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
- You will be adaptable with the ability to multitask
- You will have superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware & software
- You will possess the ability to deliver excellent customer service
- You will be a team player with a flexible approach and the ability to multi-task
- You will have brilliant problem-solving skills
- You will be focused, goal orientated, self-motivated and proactive and have the ability to be resilient and to work under pressure
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn't afraid to ask questions
To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE or equivalents in maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT. Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician
- Functional Skills if required
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.