We are looking for an enthusiastic person who will be able to help and support company's expanding customer base. This role is a diverse role which would suit a candidate that would like to get involved in all aspects of the setup and delivery cycle, cloud and tailored customer solutions.
Duties will include:
- Installation and Commissioning of on-premise and hosted Telephony Systems
- System Maintenance & Remote Diagnost
- Technical Support and Fault Finding
- Moves, Adds, and Changes
- Structured Cabling and Wireless LAN
Progression opportunity and additional training.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 days Bank holiday
- Fun and vibrant office
- Early finish on Fridays
- Basic understanding of computer networking fundamentals such as: IP addresses, Clients and servers’ architecture, Network hubs, switches and cables, Routers and firewalls
- Personal interest in information technologies
- Good numerical and literacy skills and good levels of computer literacy
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Good analytical/problem solving skills
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
- To possess initiative with an inquisitive nature, unafraid to ask appropriate questions
- Driving license is required (due to the nature of the role)
- Field experience will be beneficial
- Good knowledge of WLAN/LAN and associated IP technologies would be an advantage as well as knowledge of hosted telephone systems and IT set-ups
4 GCSE's at grade C/4 or above (or equivalents) including maths and English.
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend our PETA training centre in Portsmouth, Hampshire for off-the- job training. The majority of training will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will follow the Digital Comminication Technician pathway of the Information Communication Technician Level 3 apprenticeship standard.