Duties may include:
- Provide helpdesk support, log all calls using Brose internal Helpdesk application
- Setup of workplace (office desks), docking stations, shop floor (iPoint) and patching cables
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software to Brose standard
- Collect IT hardware from goods-inward; unpack and store them in IT room and maintain housekeeping
- Administration of office and shop floor desktop computers, notebooks, printers/photocopiers, and telephony (Desk phone/Softphone), issuing of hardware to users
- Administering and maintaining user accounts using windows Active Directory
- Supporting Microsoft Windows operating 7 & 10 systems and MS Office applications
- IT Asset management (inventory update and disposing of obsolete hardware)
- Restore file from a file server
- Complies with all company policies, procedures and guidelines including code of conduct, first, health and safety, environment, quality, discipline, grievance, and equal opportunities
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
GCSE in English and maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- E-learning training materials
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
- Suggesting where technology can be used to improve any task currently carried out not using technology.
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.