Duties wil linclude:
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc.
- Service desk support - diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users on the school site but could include remote connection tools for users off-site
- Installation of new software and hardware as directed by the school and incumbent service support partner
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment as directed by your line manager (school staff)
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Internet Service Providers and vendors
- Support with technology asset management
- Social media and website updates
- Supporting staff to implement new technologies in the workplace
- Working with a range of technology hardware - Android, Windows, Mac
- Supporting the use of database systems and Content Management Software
- Use of a ticketing system for task allocation/monitoring
- Respond to requests for ICT support in accordance with Helpdesk procedures (NCI Technologies) and SLT priorities
- Support and maintain all The Elms IT hardware and services
- Assist in the installation or repair of Windows computers/Chromebooks(students) with standardized applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving problems that develop in their day to day use operations
- Assist in a wide range of technical duties associated with the computer networking and desktop services, primarily in connection with existing installations and upgrading of the installations. (desktop computers, IWB, printers, telephones, scanners, projectors, lecterns and digital signage)
- Prior knowledge of iSAMS/Microsoft Teams may be advantageous
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience working with children / young people is desirable!
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and maths grade 4/C (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths.
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc.)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.